Thursday, May 3, 2012

First Sting!

On Tuesday when I was hiving that swarm at my Dad's place, I received my first sting. Having never been stung by a honeybee (I have been stung by a bumblebee, a wasp, and some smaller critters before), I knew it would happen eventually but I didn't know what to expect.

I decided to not wear my full suit for this work. The suit is very hot and it limits my view of things. Instead, I used the modified cheap white jacket Corissa had fixed up for me, and my veil, with jeans and boots. The bee stung me in the shin, through the jeans. The initial sting really did not hurt. It was a little prick feeling, like a good mosquito bite. I pulled my jeans away from my leg, thinking that would dislodge the stinger. Nope! About 15 seconds later, the burn came, but it really didn't hurt that bad. I pulled the stinger out and showed it to Dad. I did get a little adrenaline rush when the burning hit. That was interesting.

Yesterday it didn't really hurt at all. I could feel it if I pressed on it. Today it's a little itchy, but not much. You can just barely see where it is on my leg:

No comments:

Post a Comment